Do you wish to study abroad? Then, this post is for you. After reading it, you’ll discover the fully funded scholarships that you can obtain as an international student. Now, let’s proceed with the topic “Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students 2024”. Other subtopics we will discuss are: Benefits Of Scholarship In Pursuing Higher Education Abroad, General Eligibility Criteria For International Student Scholarships, Top Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In 2024, Are There Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In 2024?.
Are There Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In 2024?
World-renowned universities are offering over 800 fully funded scholarships for international students in the 2024–2025 academic year. These scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, health insurance, travel expenses, and provide a monthly stipend of $1000.
Seek fully funded scholarships to realize your aspiration of pursuing education at renowned global institutions such as Yale University in the USA, Oxford University and Cambridge University in the UK, Harvard University in the USA, Monash University in Australia, CGS in China, and numerous others.
Benefits Of Scholarship In Pursuing Higher Education Abroad
The benefits of an international education are many, offering exposure to diverse cultures, standard research, and a broadened worldview. However, a crucial factor often stands as a barrier, which is the financial burden associated with studying abroad. However, some of the benefits of scholarships for international students are:
Tuition Costs and Living Expenses
One of the primary challenges is the exorbitant cost of tuition and living expenses in foreign countries. Financial support plays a pivotal role in alleviating this burden, enabling students to access world-class education without compromising on their academic pursuits.
Access to Top-Tier Institutions
Many of the world’s leading universities are located abroad, offering specialized programs and exposure to groundbreaking research. Financial support opens doors for deserving students to access these institutions, fostering academic excellence and innovation.
Financial backing facilitates engagement in research activities, empowering students to contribute to advancements in their respective fields. This support is instrumental in fostering a culture of innovation and critical thinking, attributes vital for personal and societal development.
Cultural Exchange and Soft Skills
Living in a foreign country exposes students to different cultures, languages, and social norms. Financial support facilitates this cultural exchange, contributing to the development of soft skills such as adaptability, communication, and intercultural competence.
Impact on Societal Development
Investing in the education of individuals who pursue studies abroad can have a positive impact on their home countries. These individuals often return with new skills and perspectives, contributing to the development of their communities and nations.
General Eligibility Criteria For International Student Scholarships
To qualify for these scholarships, applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria that vary across programs and institutions. However, here are the general eligibility criteria commonly observed:
Applicants are often required to demonstrate outstanding academic performance, typically with a strong GPA or equivalent academic achievements.
Submission of academic transcripts and certificates may be necessary to validate academic qualifications.
Proficiency in the language of instruction (usually English) is a common requirement. Applicants might need to provide standardized test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent.
Admission To A Recognized Institution
Eligibility criteria often include admission to a recognized and accredited educational institution. Applicants need to be accepted into a degree program before applying for scholarships.
Country Of Origin
Some scholarships are country-specific, while others may be open to applicants from any country. Ensure you meet the geographical criteria specified by the scholarship provider.
Certain scholarships are based on financial need. Applicants may need to provide evidence of their financial situation to demonstrate the necessity of financial assistance.
Top Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students In 2024
1. Yale University Scholarships USA
- Institution: Yale University
- Study in: USA
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD
The Yale University Scholarship provides full funding for international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and PhD degrees. Also, the financial support awarded ranges from a few hundred dollars to more than $70,000 annually, with the average need-based scholarship exceeding $50,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Yale University Scholarships
Required Language: English.
- TOEFL scores of at least the following:
- 100 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
- IELTS scores of 7 or higher and Pearson Test scores of 70 or higher.
2. Turkey Government Scholarship
- Institution: Turkish Universities
- Study in: Turkey
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
The Turkish Government Scholarship provides full funding for international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies. It includes a monthly stipend of up to 1600 TL, covers tuition fees, offers a return flight ticket, health insurance, and accommodation.
Eligibility Criteria for Turkey Government Scholarship
- Required Language: English or Turkish
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Age Criteria:
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
3. Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Institution: Various Universities
- Study in: Brunei Darussalam
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for global students, covering undergraduate and master’s programs. It includes a monthly stipend of BND$650, housing, and tuition fee waivers.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Required Language: English, Malay or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2024.
4. MEXT Scholarship Japan
- Institution: Japnese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD
The MEXT Scholarship provides full financial support for international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, PhD, or training programs. It includes coverage for tuition, accommodation, a monthly living allowance, and round-trip airfare from your home country to Japan.
5. Hungary Government Scholarship
- Institution: Hungarian Universities
- Study in: Hungary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate/ Masters / PhD
The Hungary Government Scholarship offers full financial support to international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and PhD programs at Hungarian Universities. Also, the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship encompasses tuition fees, a monthly stipend of HUF 43,700, an accommodation allowance of HUF 40,000 per month, and medical insurance, with coverage up to HUF 65,000 per person annually.
Eligibility Criteria For Hungary Government Scholarship
- Required Language: English. English language proficiency (for courses taught in English).
- Excellent school achievements.
- Good health.
6. KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
- Institution: KAIST University
- Study in: South Korea
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
The KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship provides full funding for international students pursuing master’s studies. It includes coverage for tuition, a monthly allowance of up to 800,000 KRW, one round-trip economy ticket, Korean language training fees, and medical insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Korean Citizenship (dual citizenship) are NOT eligible.
- For Spring Semester, 2023 (EARLY only), individuals who have completed or will complete their high school school before February 28, 2023.
- For Fall Semester, 2023, individuals who have completed or will complete their high school before August 31st, 2023.
FAQs On Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students 2024
Who can apply for these scholarships?
Most undergraduate scholarships for international students are open to applicants from any country, provided they meet specific eligibility criteria set by the scholarship provider.
What criteria do scholarship providers usually consider?
Criteria vary, but common factors include academic excellence, leadership skills, community involvement, and financial need. Some scholarships may focus on specific fields of study or target underrepresented groups.
How can I find relevant scholarships for 2024?
Utilize scholarship search engines, check university websites, and explore government-sponsored programs. Additionally, connect with academic advisors or international student offices for guidance.
Are scholarships fully funded, or do they only cover part of the expenses?
Scholarships can be partial or fully funded. Some cover tuition fees only, while others also include living expenses, travel allowances, and even health insurance.
As the year 2024 unfolds, international students have an array of undergraduate scholarships to explore. From merit-based to need-based, subject-specific to sports and arts scholarships, the opportunities are diverse and cater to various talents and academic pursuits.